SCSD mussels served in a creamy white wine sauce.
|Allergens||Dairy – Butter||Pescatarian||Yes|
|Ingredient||Recipe Weight||Pack Weight||Brand|
|Black mussels,cleaned||2000g||Weight specified with order, this can be cleaned on request.||SCSD|
|White onion, finely chopped||2 units|
|Garlic crushed||3 cloves|
|Salt & Pepper||Pinch of each|
|Limes, juiced||4 units|
|Green chilli, chopped||15ml|
Method & Plating
1. Place wine in a large pot on a medium heat. When the wine begins to boil place the mussels in the pot and close the lid. Cook the mussels until their shells open.
2. Strain the liquid from the mussel through a fine sieve and set aside.
**Chefs tip: This liquid is called mussel stock and is the most important ingredient in your sauce.
3. Place your chopped onion, crushed garlic, chopped chilli and butter in a medium size sauce pan on a low heat with the lid on and allow to sweat.
4. Once your onion is soft, you can add your mussel stock. Reduce your mussel stock to a glaze or until your sauce coats the back of a spoon.
5. Add the coconut cream and reduce until your desired consistency is reached. Strain sauce through a fine sieve.
6. Season sauce with lime juice and salt. Pour over your mussels. Garnish with fresh chopped parsley. Serve immediately.
*Chefs tip: Serve this dish with a fresh loaf of ciabatta and salted butter.