Crispy Hake using SCSD essential batter mix.
|Ingredient||Recipe Weight||Pack Weight||Brand|
|Gluten free batter||280g||280g||SCSD|
|Hake||1kg||Weight specified with order||SCSD|
|Roasted Garlic Mayo||Preference||200g||SCSD|
Method & Plating
1. Begin by placing your oil on the heat. Ideally you would like your oil to be at 180C when you are frying your SCSD battered hake.
2. On a clean chopping board portion your fish into 10 x 100g portions. (When ordering from SCSD you can specify that you would like your hake portioned.)
3. Mix your SCS batter with 300ml sparkling water. Mix to ensure there are no clumps in the batter.
4. Dip your fish portions into the batter mix briefly and then place your fish into the hot cooking oil.
5. Fry the fish for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown and then remove from the oil using a slotted spoon. Place the fried fish straight onto paper towel and season the fish while hot.
6. This fish is best eaten straight away, dipped into our roasted garlic mayo or tomato pickle aioli.
** Chefs Tip: Serve this fish with a fresh salad & roasted potatoes.